Shelter, Inc. provides community based, emergency and longer-term housing for children and adolescents who are abused, neglected, dependent or in need of supervision.
Since 1975, Shelter, Inc. has provided the emotional and physical care, programs and services that these children need to build safer, healthier and brighter futures.
Shelter, Inc. is:
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation
- Accredited by Healthy Families America
- Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- A non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Supported by funds from Elk Grove, Palatine, Schaumburg, Vernon and Wheeling townships; United Way, local municipalities, corporations, foundations, private donations, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Save the Date!
27th Annual Charity Ball
Friday, November 14th
2014 Honorary Chairs:
Alisa and Rick Heidner
Barrington High School IT Program
Kids Helping Kids
Many thanks to the students in Barrington High School's IT Campaign for all their hard work in raising $10,041.91 to donate to Shelter. This donation will go a long way in helping to support Shelter's programs and services for abused and neglected children and adolescents and we're honored to have been selected for this generous contribution.
5K Run/Walk 4 Kidz
Thank you to everyone that participated in and sponsored our 5K Run/Walk 4 Kidz!
Directions (click the link below for the location on Google maps):
View Larger Map
Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
10th Anniversary Celebration of the Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
Held on: Wednesday, June 18th, 2014
Mackray Memorial Golf Club, Barrington
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED IN OUR 2014 OUTING!