Shelter, Inc. provides community based, emergency and longer-term housing for children and adolescents who are abused, neglected, dependent or in need of supervision.
Since 1975, Shelter, Inc. has provided the emotional and physical care, programs and services that these children need to build safer, healthier and brighter futures.
Shelter, Inc. is:
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation
- Accredited by Healthy Families America
- Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- A non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Supported by funds from Elk Grove, Palatine, Schaumburg, Vernon and Wheeling townships; United Way, local municipalities, corporations, foundations, private donations, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Please check back soon as our Wish Lists are updated when a special need arises in one of our group homes or programs. Thank you!Read more...
Cooking with Class
Friends of Shelter Presents...
"Cooking with Class"
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Event Location: Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, ChicagoDuring this evening of culinary delight, Executive Chef, John Junior, will conduct an interactive cooking demonstration and will treat participants to a multiple course meal with wine. The Friends of Shelter will have raffles, prizes and more. All proceeds benefit the programs and services provided by Shelter. Read more...
5K Run/Walk 4 Kidz
Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
10th Annual Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
Wednesday, June 18th, 2014
Mackray Memorial Golf Club, Barrington
PLEASE JOIN US TO SUPPORT SHELTER'S PROGRAMS AND SERVICES!
READ MORE to see some of the photos from last year's event!